Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs)
HKC performs both Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments for banks to secure loans, developers, and real estate transactions.
Preliminary Assessment – Phase I
HKC has performed several Phase I assessments, for real estate management and financial companies. Our typical Phase I assessment consists of a site inspection to identify conditions that might impose environment liabilities. Phase I assessments may include the following:
- Background data reviews, which include geological maps, aerial photos, historical records, and regulatory databases.
- Site inspection and survey to document any conditions that may result in any liability.
- Title search
- Identification of any suspected asbestos material or mold.
- Preparation of maps drawn to scale.
- Interpretations of the collected data
- Preparation of technical reports, determination of risk level, identification of liabilities and recommendations.
|Identified source of liability on a farm, Fuel equipment, and waste oil.